Southampton Chamber of Arts
Website Code of Conduct
It is important that both members and visitors to our website have a safe, interesting and friendly experience. Accordingly, all users of our site and any contributions they make to the site must comply with this Code of Conduct. Your use of our website means that you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
We may need to revise the Code of Conduct from time to time by amending this page. Please review this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes we make as they are legally binding on you.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to our website made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify us using the ”Flag as Inappropriate” button.
Within this Code of Conduct, “contribution” means any material posted or uploaded to our website by a member, including without limitation any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
- must be your own original work. You may be entitled to incorporate into your contribution certain material made available on our website but only where that is expressly made clear. Otherwise, all material in your contributions must be your own original piece of work and should not plagiarise others’ work.
- must not infringe anyone else’s rights, including copyright. Your contributions must not plagiarise or infringe the rights of any other person including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore with regard to existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyright material you will generally need the explicit permission of the relevant copyright owners
- must not contain unlawful or objectionable content nor involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, racially or sexually offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable.
- must be true and accurate. Your contributions must be true, accurate (where they state facts) and be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted.
- must not promote illegal or anti-social behaviour. Contributions must not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case.
- must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- Be aware contributions to this website are publicly available so do not disclose any personal information which you do not wish to be in the public domain. Do not include any personal or personally identifiable information about others.
- must not include spoilers. Please do not post any messages in forums (or in any other form of contribution) containing plot developments that have yet to be broadcast on local television, radio or in cinemas. These may spoil the enjoyment of others.
Breach of Code of Conduct
It will be our sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this Code of Conduct. We have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any contribution in whole or in part that we deem to be in breach of the Code of Conduct. Where we believe there is a breach of the Code of Conduct, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct constitutes a material breach of the Website Terms, which could result in us taking any of the following actions:
- Issuing a warning to you.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our website, including deletion of any personal profile.